Going green is the most common phrase we often hear from people in home, news, work place and almost everywhere. Though this has become a trend and talked by everyone, has anyone thought about how to achieve and live a more environmental friendly lifestyle more cost effectively? Most people might have a common misconception that environmental friendly means sacrificing too many things in life. No, it does not really mean that at all. Smart choices can definitely help you to achieve your goal of living an environmentally friendly life at your home.see some environmental house hold cleaning ideas http://www.nsen.ca/top-5-environmental-friendly-household-cleaning/
Here are 17 cheap ways to live a more environmentally friendly life at home.
- Use fluorescent bulbs instead of the normal yellow light bulbs. This not only saves energy, but also provides the most efficient way of managing and saving energy. Besides this, it emits very less radiation, hence it saves you from various diseases.
- The home pumps at your homes can pump out 2 times more greenhouse gas emissions as compared to the ‘energy star’ certified appliances can reduce emissions.
- Stop using plastic bags for whatever purpose. Make sure you carry your own cloth bag or paper bags for all purposes.
- Try to plant as many plants, bushes or trees as possible in and around your house. This is not only cheap but also a great way of cleaning the environment.
- Start using eco-friendly, bio-degradable and phosphate free cleaning products to prevent pollution.
- Eat organic food – they are not only cheap but also very healthy. Pesticides sprayed for hybrid vegetables and fruits can hard your body, so avoid eating those and use just the organically grown food.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency by improving the insulation, installing weather stripping, upgrading windows or using a programmable thermostat. read more on echo friendly practices here
- You can use reusable towels instead of using paper towels in your kitchen.
- Reading newspaper online can save buying the paper newspapers.
- Planting indoor bushes and show plants can clear the air and help in better ventilation.
- Using reusable bags can help you save money. Never buy plastic bags or even paper bags when you go on shopping.
- With the increasing water scarcity almost every part of the world, there is a strong need to save water now. Save the rain water by collecting water in the barrel or using rain waster harvesting techniques.
- Put a hold on your dryer; instead use the outdoor drying techniques in your backyard. This will save more power.
- Always buy Energy star certified products and appliances for your home. It is available almost in every state of United States.
- Keep your lawn free from fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, then avoid using these too often. You can replace the expensive grass with your local creepy wild grass for a chance. You can trim them whenever possible with hand than using the lawn mower.
- If you are buying a house or renting it, consider the house in the biking distance to work in order to save fuel and support environmental friendly transport.
- Installing aerators and low flow showerheads in your bathroom can save water.