A grow light or also known as plant light is a light source that is artificial in nature. It is generally an electric light that is designed in stimulating the growth of plants by producing an electromagnetic spectrum that is suitable for the process of photosynthesis. Grow lights are used in situations where there is a lack of naturally occurring sunlight that may be insufficient for plant growth. In order to sustain the growth of plants, an artificial light must be used. Grow lights mimic the outdoor conditions and the light spectrum of the sun, thus sustaining plant life and growth.
LED Grow Lights as popularized by NASA’s potato cultivation experiment is commonly used today. It allows bright light production and its lights last longer. LED Grow Lights emit only light wavelengths that correspond to the peak of absorption of plant’s usual photochemical processes. Recent experiments proved that using white LED for plant growth is also possible.
LED Grow Lights, a Good Candidate for New Summit Environmental News Blog
New Summit Environmental is a website which is an advocate for environment that promotes the utilization of environmentally safe products and practices through its informative blogs. This website presents actual steps of going green, therefore encouraging and teaching its readers to make a move in order to contribute to environmental care and preservation.
LED Grow Lights possess the quality of a good product that can contribute to the care of the environment through its artificial mimicking of the sunlight in order to sustain plant growth. It’s eco-friendly because it does not contain any harmful waste products that can damage the environment. Therefore, possessing such green qualities will make it a suitable candidate in the New Summit Environmental News Blog.
What are some of the Best LED Grow Lights in the Market Today?
A wide array of LED Grow Lights which has different features and specifications has emerged in the market nowadays. Let’s take a glimpse on the best LED Grow Lights at present:
- Urban Grow LED Grow Light. Urban Grow has designed this specifically for the cultivation of medical marijuana. It is a waterproof 3 spectrum system that is fully programmable through the use of Wifi devices. You can purchase this at the cost of $1,250.
- G8LED 240 Watt LED Grow Light. It provides greater photosynthesis and plant growth through the addition of ultraviolet light and real infrared. This costs $319.99.
- Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar. Has a wide coverage of six square feet that can radiate up to six bands. It is one of the most affordable LED Grow Lights at the cost of $278.95.
- 20 Watt LED Grow Lights. It is energy efficient and very durable. The best thing about this is that it only cost $36.50.
- TaoTronics TT-GL05 90W. It has a wide array of colour spectra of red, orange and blue. It has a fair price of $149.99.
- Illuminator UFO 5-Band Tri-Spectrum. Can cover a range of as wide as sixteen square feet. It has a feature of peak targeting that provides high level photosynthesis. This costs $139.99.